Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Kyleigh Rose is Finally here! (2 weeks ago)

So I figured I better blog about Kyleigh's big arrival before I forget!!

On Tuesday, November 9th 2010 (3 days over due date) Trevor and I went to the hospital at 4am to be induced! After getting checked in and all that I got my first dose of cervical gel at 515am and was only 1cm dilated and about 40% effaced. I also got 2 doses of penicillin at that time. Let me just say how much the penicillin sucks. Then I tried resting for a few hours before we had to do the next dose of gel. Well around 815am the nurse came in and said "lets get things going" I didn't expect her to go in all crazy but needless to say she got things going! I was 3cm dilated at this time and about 60% effaced. Then we got up and walked the halls! And HOLY COW did my contractions get stronger! After walking and sitting in the halls for about 30 minutes I couldn't take much more walking so we made our way back to Labor and Delivery. Around 930am the nurse came in to give me another dose of penicillin. I was also checked and 5cm dilated and still 60% effaced. Then around 1030 I couldn't handle the contractions and the pains I was having in my pelvis so we got the epidural . That wasn't so fun either, I almost was willing to do with out the epidural with how much pain the lady was causing me. After finally getting it in I started feeling better. Then shortly after that my water broke all on its own! It was funny cause I wasn't sure if it was my water that broke or if my catheter had fallen out and I was just peeing myself! I wasn't sure cause my water never has broken on its own, they broke it with my other 2 pregnancies! But sure enough it was my water!! Few hours past and I was checked again around 1230pm and was 7-8cm dilated and about 80% effaced. Things are moving right along for me and this is the first time I haven't had to use pitocin!! So besides the gel my body was doing it all on its own!! Around 115pm I wasn't sure if it was time or not so I had the nurse check me again and I was not 8-9 and pretty much effaced! She then told me I needed to slow down because my doctor was in the middle of another delivery. Well it wasn't long after that and Kyleigh wasn't waiting any longer! Trevor went to use the bathroom and the nurse checked me around 135pm and I was fully dilated and effaced. She then told me um he might want to hurry if you want him here with you! So I texted Trevor and he hurried back, in the mean time my nurse got everything ready and then the doctor came running in just in time!
So after 3 pushes and a minute later Kyleigh Rose was born at 139pm on November 9th 2010 weighing in at 9lbs 1oz and 22in long!

So here she is.....

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

YAY! She's so cute! I can't believe how old she is already. How is life with 3 kids??

Goldmans said...

thanks Tiff!! I know time just goes so quickly! Life is good! crazy but good!! :)