Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Potty Training Lily at 21 months!

Last week Lily has been wanting to use the potty and she would tell us when she needed to go and we would take her diaper off and put her on the potty and she would go. I was super busy okay okay lets be honest it was more I was lazy last week so I didnt really bother with trying to get her potty trained.. Well since we had nothing going on this past Saturday I decided it would be underwear day for her! We had a total of 2 accidents and she even pooped on the potty! Then I gave up by 5pm cause she just wanted to play and not pee but on the floor next to the toilet (she thought this was hilarous, me not so much!) Then Sunday I skipped because between nap before church, being at church and after church she is always SUPER cranky since we have the 12-3 ward and naptime is usually during that time. Well Yesterday I would have her use the potty whenever she wanted but I didnt put her in panties, I was doing all the cleaning and organizing I have been slacking on all week and weekend. But she still went whenever we tried! Well today when she woke up she ran into the bath room and pointed to the potty and then was pulling on her PJ as if she wanted them off so we undressed her and she went potty! Then she wanted underwear on! Then when Trevor was in the bathroom getting ready for work she went in there pointed to the potty and he put her on and she did her business!! so she has been in panties ALL morning and has had NO ACCIDENTS!! We have gone to the potty like 15 times already today and she has peed about everytime. And 2 of the times she pooped!! I know you are thinking thanks for sharing that, but we are SUPER excited! She even threw a fit when I went to put a diaper on her for naptime. Sorry missy you arent ready to go that long without access to a potty and I am not changing you sheets again today! LOL. And I am kinda glad this is going WAY easily for me. I am so ready for her to be out of diapers but just to lazy to make her be potty trained but since she is wanting to do it herself that is even more AWESOME! So I am going to not be so lazy this week and hope we can be officially out of diapers but during naptime and bedtime by the end of this week. I am not ready for her to be out of her crib yet so she can be in diapers for a little longer for those times!! YAY! Go Lily! Thought I would share Lily new and big Milestone!!

No comments: